“Baptism is a closed door to your past, an open door to a bright future and a big step into a new life in Christ!”
Jesus established water baptism as an opportunity for believers to outwardly express their inward faith in Christ. Water Baptism is a declaration to family and friends of your desire to live for Jesus and to please Him.
Why Be Baptized?
- Because Jesus set the example (Matthew 3:13-17, Mark 1:9).
- Because Jesus commanded it (John 14:15; James 2:17-18; Matthew 28:19-20).
- Because Peter reiterated Jesus’ command (Acts 2:38; Acts 8:26-40).
- Because it is a declaration that you are a follower of Christ (Hebrews 6:1-2; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38).
How Are We To Be Baptized?
We are to be baptized the same way that Jesus was which was by immersion (Matthew 3:16). The word “baptize” means “to immerse, dip under, or plunged into water”. Every baptism in the Bible was by immersion under water.
Who Should Be Baptized?
At Impact Church, we believe that any individual who genuinely receives the Gospel message, has repented of their sins and made a clear and intentional choice to follow Christ and the live the way God intends a believer to live is a candidate to be baptized (Acts 2:38, 41; Acts 8:35-39).
The Meaning Of Baptism
- We are identified with His death, burial and resurrection (Colossians 2:12).
- We are burying our old life and its ways and rise to a new life in Christ (Romans 6:2-4).
Baptism does not make you a Christ follower; it shows that you already are one! Baptism does not ‘save’ you; only your faith in Christ does that (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Baptism also connects us to the “family of God”, his people on the earth. In baptism there is a real sense of being joined with other believers, not just participating in an individual act of our own spiritual journey (1 Corinthians 12:12-13).
I Would Like To Get Baptized. What Do I Do?
Pick up a Water Baptism brochure from the Information Centre at church [main foyer] and fill out the application form in the brochure and place it in the dropbox. One of the Pastor's will contact you and inform you of the water baptism process.